Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Kalinchowk Trek

This was my second hike (first being Muktinath) in one weeks gap with both being at same height (3800m). But, I found immense difference between the two. Kalinchowk was greeny, cloudy, hilly similar to Taiga region while mustang was barren, windy, semi-arid similar to Tundra region. I still vividly remember being above the sea of clouds beneath. Such was height we reached. We took rare path from Kharidhunga which had all tastes of life like ups and downs, rains, cold fogs. The path was confusing but at the end became the most cherished moment. On the way, we met different ethnic groups of dolkha district. Reaching kuri village at late evening being wet with rain water on chilling weather was greatest refuge. The dinner with team was among the sweetest food I ever had. Also, it was the highest altitude (above kagbeni) I spent my night which made me feel proud. The chyang at kuri was amazing. At end I would say, my respect for Nepal has increased many folds and I feel proud of being Nepalese and Deerwalkian.

Share/Bookmark
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments: