Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2014

About Buddha

The birth of Buddha becomes a topic of conflict among India and Nepal. Gautama is now beyond doubt proved to have been born in Lumbini, Nepal. But, he was enlightened in India converting him from Gautama to Buddha which is in some sense a new birth. For me this birth raises no conflict as I belong to both countries. If a Nepalese says he was born in Nepal and is thus Nepalese then I am happy, for Nepal is my Motherland. If India says he was enlightened in India and thus is Indian then I am also happy as I was myself born and raised there.

And, If tomorrow any human comes and says he is human then I would be most happy because I am also human just like him and feel all the suffering that he had gone through. I too have my share of attachment and hatred towards things born out of my own desire of things. But, if tomorrow some God comes and says that he is God then I would slap that God and be thoroughly angry at him. First, he is not God and is not born among them. Second, The reason that Buddha is motivation to me is that he was able to transcend from being an average human to a higher state all on his own. The path he took was not like the one God would take. There was no magic to his method or is. There was no faith, let alone blind faith. However, There were failures. There were risks. There were utter disappointments. There was struggle. But, There was steadfastness that kept him throughout. And, that has kept us humans alive in this world in face of all the struggle that we face daily. Also, There was open mindedness to change and experiment. And, there was science. Don't expect Buddha to make you like him in a matter of seconds like God can. Even he had to struggle for lifetime for that. How come you get that in matter of seconds without your own focus and seriousness towards it? At the end, he is a teacher whose teaching suffers from the same fault as any human teacher have. It is highly open for misinterpretation and false judgements owing to ambiguity of human language and understanding nature of humans which applies previous assumptions over actual guidelines. If he was God, then there would not be so many division of Buddhism. Maybe there would not have been the word Buddhism at all!

So, this is message to all humans. If any Nepali says Buddha is Nepali. Smile. If any Indian says he is Indian. Smile. If entire humanity says he is human. Smile more. But, if anybody says that he is God. Hit him and hit him hard.

Share/Bookmark
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments: